Thanksgiving, it’s the official kick-off to the holiday season. And now that we all have that under our belt, we thought we would take the time to go over ways that you can stay healthy through the holidays. This season is a joyous time filled with overeating, hectic travel, and quality time with friends and family. But, while many of us look forward to the season all year long, others are less than enthusiastic.
It’s not because we don’t enjoy it, but this particular season can wreak havoc on a person’s health. From stress and travel to overeating, let’s take a look at how adding upper cervical chiropractic care to your normal routine can boost your health and help you to recover from some of the typical holiday season pitfalls ahead!
It’s Time for Some Serious Travel
According to PricewaterhouseCoopers, nearly 47% of Americans plan to travel this holiday season with 69% opting for road trips, and the other 31% planning on air travel. So what does all that travel mean for your health? It could potentially mean a lot of neck and back pain.
During extended travel, you’ll spend hours sitting, cramped in one seat with limited options for movement. Whether by plane or train or automobile, a total lack of movement for hours or even days is enough to make anyone’s back and neck sore. Add in the fact that all that sitting may lead to hours of bending your neck over a book, phone, or other mobile device and you can throw in a case of tech neck to mix as well!
Upper cervical chiropractic is the best gentle, non-invasive, drug-free treatment available for all types of neck and back pain. If you spent one too many hours on a long flight or cross-country drive, be sure to schedule an appointment with Doctors Tim and Danielle as soon as possible so they can help to get your spine realigned.
Don’t Forget the Stress
The holiday season can have a tendency to bring almost as much stress as joy to some of us. Whether it’s the stress of travel, the stress of cooking a big dinner, or the stress of auntie Marge bringing up your lack of a significant other (hey we’ve all been there) there is no shortage of stressors during the holiday season.
The nervous system is the master control panel of our body. Optimal communication between the body and the brain helps with both stress reduction and stress management. An injured, damaged, or less-than-optimal functioning nervous system can increase the effects of stress on the body. This is where upper cervical chiropractic can help to resolve some of the stress you’ve just been through as well as prepare you for managing the rest of the upcoming holiday season like a champ.
We’re all Going to Eat More and Exercise Less
There is no denying it. For most of us, the holidays mean that there will be tons of food, and let’s be honest, we’re going to eat far more of it than we would at any other time of the year.. Between travel and friends and time spent visiting, it also means less opportunity for movement and exercise. This can be bad not only for your waistline but for your flexibility. When you combine all that food with hours of inactivity it could result in your joints becoming stiff and painful.
Joint pain relief is one of the many positive side effects that many people experience after regular upper cervical care. Begin your treatment now, and you may help prevent that stiffness and improve the flexibility of your body before the holiday season can take its toll.
Give Yourself the Gift of Self Care
This year, protect your back, your health, and your sanity by taking care of your health first this holiday season. Beyond getting scheduled for Upper Cervical Care, be sure to ask Dr. Tim to go over the benefits of the Cellcore line. A foundational medicine approach to whole body health, detox, drainage, and wellness.
Make sure that you and your family are ready to take on all the joy, travel, food, and stress of the holiday season by scheduling your appointment with Atlas Specific today! Give us a call at 970 – 259 – 6803, drop by our office at 1800 E 3rd Ave #108 or better yet, click the link below at any time to schedule an appointment or start a free consultation.
You could be a gentle correction away from a happier, healthier holiday season!
We are doctors of upper cervical chiropractic, but we are NOT necessarily YOUR doctors. All content and information on this website are for informational and educational purposes only, do not constitute medical advice, and reading or interacting with this site does not establish any form of the patient-doctor relationship. Although we strive to provide accurate information, the information presented here is not intended as a substitute for any kind of professional advice and you should not rely solely on this information. Always consult a professional in your particular area of need before making medical decisions.